Talent Thursday is a new initiative to bring together today’s experienced senior leaders with the next generation of talent in finance. At its heart is a commitment to bridge the gap between the present and future of the financial industry across people, ecosystems, business and technology.
Compelling, tailored conference content and top quality networking will encourage critical dialogue and facilitate the exchange of new ideas to shape the future of financial services.
Talent Thursday content
The Talent Thursday agenda will complement the existing Sibos programme, with an additional layer of forward-looking content focused on the main forces that will determine the long-term future of our industry.
Talent, skills and inspiration
Session highlights include:
‘Views from the Top’ with Dame Kelly Holmes, former double British Olympic gold medallist, who will draw on her achievements to share insights on peak performance, resilience and overcoming adversity
- ‘Mind Matters. Think like a Champion’ – the Pragma Group will provide insights on how your inner voice can inhibit you from maximising your potential in life and work – and explain how you can learn to think like a champion to create peace of mind, power and productivity
- ‘Re-skilling, an opportunity to increase diversity for the Fourth Industrial Revolution?’ – will technology widen access to (re)training, opening up the new jobs to talent currently under-represented in finance? Can financial institutions use re-skilling programmes to inject fresh perspectives into their innovation teams?
- ‘Lunch & Learn - Securing the future of the financial industry via improved gender diversity’
- ‘Fintech: a changing world of work’ - what matters to workers of the next generation and what are the implications for finding and keeping the right talent in a highly competitive labour pool?
- ‘Secure coding for non-coders’ – in 30 minutes business professionals will learn why secure coding is so difficult, learn more about the exponential growth of software and coders, the most common mistakes developers make, and what you might be able to do about it
- ‘What’s left for the human after AI & Robotics’ - how is AI shifting strategic priorities and competitive dynamics in the financial services sector? What’s happening to privacy? Who owns the data and where is the consumer in all of this
Banking for a better world
The Spotlight stage will host sessions throughout the day illuminating the issue of ‘Banking for a Better World’, and how the industry can work together to ensure that it ‘walks the talk’ to deliver meaningful change for the benefit of society as a whole. Topics covered will include financial inclusion, green banking, the need for diversity and ethics and trust. Full details of the programme will be published soon.
Technological disruption and the future of business
Session highlights include:
- ‘Banking perspectives: Understanding the next generation of customers’ - this special Talent Thursday Big Issue Debate will explore what banks need to know to understand Generation Z
- ‘Student Challenge’ - eight semi-finalists will pitch their ideas on how AI can increase fraud detection in instant payments. The audience and a panel of judges will decide on who wins the grand prize of GBP 20,000
- ‘Protecting privacy and instilling trust in a millennial world’
- The Innotribe stage will feature sessions where some of the best-placed technology experts in the world will discuss data privacy and security: from Google’s insights into why privacy matters and Amazon’s views on why we’ve only scratched the surface of privacy, to David Birch and Brett King acting as masters of ceremonies at the closing event, the Innotribe stage promises to be a hub of activity during Talent Thursday
The main conference programme will debate topics including Slowbalisation, delivery of a customer-first payments experience, and the emergence of new trade finance eco-systems.
In the Closing Plenary, Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud, and expert on trust Rachel Botsman, will share their insights into successful management of digital transformation, and how technology is radically transforming human trust.
Talent Thursday networking
For four days a year, the financial industry connects at Sibos. Talent Thursday will see the addition of a range of unique and unforgettable networking experiences – to ensure existing and new talent from across the industry has the opportunity to meet, exchange perspectives and expand their networks.
- Talent Thursday rundown - start Talent Thursday with a high-powered overview of what to do and attend at the Chat & Connect space (located at S10) at 08.30, over light breakfast
- Sibos Escape Room challenge - forge new connections while solving a challenge together in the Sibos Escape room. An unforgettable way to collaborate and expand your network. 60-minute sessions will run at 10.00, 12.00 and 14.00. Register for your place today
- What do you think we think? Join the STAR-nominees for a complimentary picnic in the Chat & Connect space to debate key take-aways from the programme and trends to watch
- Meet Innotribe speakers, experts and peers over snacks and drinks at Innotribe’s Curated Networking
- Don’t miss an all-time favourite, the Sibos Closing Event. This year’s ‘Best of British’ theme will provide a great backdrop for final networking, accompanied by food, drinks and good music
Access the Talent Thursday programme
To give new attendees the chance to join the Sibos community for the first time, Sibos exhibitors can purchase specially priced tickets (500 EUR) which they can allocate to the up-and-coming talent and high-potential employees from across their organisations.
Exhibitors can download these tickets through their exhibitor portal. Each exhibitor has access to ten Talent Thursday tickets as standard. Should more tickets be required, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Other interested delegates
Delegates who already have a week-long Sibos pass can benefit from the Talent Thursday programme at no extra cost.
Delegates who have not purchased a week-long Sibos pass and who don’t belong to an exhibiting company are welcome to benefit from the tailored Talent Thursday programme at the normal day pass price.