10 tips to survive your first Sibos
Since its inception, Sibos has been steadily growing in scope as well as physical size. If you’re new to Sibos, here are ten tips to help you get the most out of your week.
- We take security seriously. Keep in mind that every time you enter the convention centre, you will have to go through a security check not unlike those at airports. Arrive early not to miss the start of meetings or sessions. To speed things up, you can pick up your badge at one of the official Sibos hotels before arriving at the convention centre.
- If you have an iOS or Android device, download the free Sibos App to access the latest Sibos news and information, and unlock some handy features to plan your conference schedule, find your way around the exhibition floor, and get in touch with 7,000 fellow attendees.
- The Sibos conference offers an extensive menu of plenaries, big issue debates, keynote addresses, panel discussions and special interest sessions. You can pick and choose sessions á la carte, or follow a stream where similar topics are grouped together for convenience.
- Sibos is the financial services networking event of the year. Out of all the networking cocktails, dinners and lunches, don’t miss out on Monday’s welcome cocktail, or the Sibos closing party. Bring your dancing shoes for the latter and brush up on your disco moves.
- Each year, Sibos welcomes more than a hundred journalists. Keep abreast with the day’s headlines by picking up your free copies of Sibos Issues, the official Sibos newspaper, Daily News at Sibos, and the many more leading titles on the publication display racks.
- You will do a lot of walking at Sibos. The exhibition floor alone is more than 11,000m2. Wear sensible shoes that you’ve already broken in. Bring several pairs; sometimes changing shoes throughout the day can make all the difference. And maybe bring Band-Aids just in case.
- Boston can get quite chilly in the fall, and the inside the convention centre temperatures may fluctuate much like office buildings. Dress smartly in layers.
- Did you know you can follow news on LinkedIn? Follow Sibos for the latest news updates. You can also connect with us on Twitter and on Instagram. Share your own live updates using the #Sibos hashtag. Each day we select the best tweets and pictures to feature in Sibos Issues.
- On Wednesday, 1 October, we will start the day bright and early with our first-ever 5k Fun Run & Walk in the Boston Harbor. The 5k, which you can choose to run or walk, will take place on Castle Island, home to Fort Independence, and along Pleasure Bay.
- To give back to the community, each year SWIFT and Sibos donate to a local charity. This year that charity is Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston. You can show your support by visiting the Wishing Well on the SWIFT stand with the token you will receive at registration.