The best of Sibos 2019 London
Featuring more than 11,000 delegates, 600 speakers and 300 exhibitors, Sibos 2019 London was the largest and most ambitious Sibos to date. Highlights from this year’s event include Views from the Top sessions with the CEOs of major financial institutions:
- António Horta-Osório, CEO of Lloyds Banking Group
- Lance Uggla, CEO of IHS Markit
- Bill Winters, CEO of Standard Chartered
- David Schwimmer, CEO, London Stock Exchange Group
- Charles Li, CEO, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- Christian Sewing, CEO, Deutsche Bank
- Jean-Pierre Mustier, CEO, UniCredit
As well as VIP speakers:
And fascinating Big Issue Debates which explored:
- The future of banking
- Cloud, AI and privacy: Building blocks of a universal collaborative platform?
- Have new business models created a perfect cybersecurity storm?
- Navigating an era of renewed great power competition – New challenges for countries, markets and investors
- Banking perspectives: Understanding the next generation of customers
What happened on Day 4?
The last day of Sibos was Talent Thursday, connecting the talent of today and tomorrow. It included a special session with the STAR scholars, who offered their unique perspectives over a Chat & Connect picnic lunch. The conference wrapped up with Closing Plenary speeches from Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud and trust expert Rachel Botsman, followed by the Best of British themed Closing Event. The last day of Sibos also crowned the winners of the Sibos hackathon and the SWIFT Institute Student Challenge.
A Spotlight on banking for a better world
Day 4 on the Spotlight stage focused on banking for a better world. Talks ranged from engaging with Generation Z to sustainable finance, financial inclusion, the role of technology and how to remain human in a digital world. Read all of the insights from the day.
Sibos 2020 Boston
As we bring down the curtain on Sibos 2019 London the community is already looking ahead to next year’s event in Boston. Renowned for its financial strength, asset management businesses, and science and technology scene, Boston will host Sibos 2020 from 5 to 8 October, providing the perfect platform for four days of high-level networking, discussion and debate.