Honeypot Heroes: how you can support The Honeypot Children’s Charity
Help carers aged 5-12 make the most of their one chance at childhood
There are an estimated 800,000 young carers in the UK, providing daily, round-the-clock care and emotional support for a parent, grandparent or sibling. The Honeypot Children’s Charity is the only charity dedicated to support these children and with your help, Sibos is aiming to fund 7,000 hours of Honeypot respite breaks and educational support.
From as early as five years old, young carers give medication, complete household chores and help with personal care. Their caring responsibilities make it incredibly hard to manage their schoolwork, and young carers miss out on many childhood activities, from days out to sports to crafts.
How you can help
You can take part in The Honeypot fundraising activities at the Meeting Point North and Meeting Point South within ExCeL London during Sibos week. There will be delicious honeycakes for sale, made with honey from local London beehives. Every Sibos attendee who purchases a cake, or who makes a donation, will have the chance to win one of a selection of fantastic meet and greet experiences. For every £3 you donate you will contribute 30 minutes of support for the young carers who rely on Honeypot.
Enter daily draws to win prizes including:
- Monday 23: Enter the draw to meet Paul de Gelder, a marine biologist, whose regular TV appearances include National Geographic and Discovery Channel’s Shark Week
- Tuesday 24: Draw to meet Dame Stella Rimington, former Director General of MI5 and best-selling international author, and get a signed book
- Tuesday 24: Draw for afternoon tea with Sandi Toksvig, The Great British Bake Off presenter
- Wednesday 25: Draw to meet Double Olympic Champion Col. Dame Kelly Holmes
- Wednesday 25: Draw to win two tickets for award winning musical WICKED at the Apollo Victoria Theatre London, kindly donated by London & Partners and made
- Thursday 26: Draw to meet comedian Russell Howard at a recording of The Russell Howard Hour at Television Centre, London
Whether you enjoy a run, a power walk or a stroll you can also join the Sibos 5k, kindly sponsored by SIX, who are donating two hours of Honeypot care per registered runner. The run takes place at 06.00 on Wednesday 25 September and fully registered delegates can sign up by logging in on Sibos.com and completing the 5k registration form on the dashboard.
Meet the children
You can learn more about life as a carer and the difference Honeypot makes in this video, which follows Jaiden, from his time spent caring for his Mum to visiting Honeypot House for a respite break.
Follow Sibos on Twitter and LinkedIn to make sure you receive all the latest updates on fund raising activity. You can follow The Honeypot on Twitter and Facebook. Learn more about Sibos CSR initiatives for 2019.