New this year at Sibos
The clock is ticking with less than 50 days to go before Sibos London 2019. There are plenty of new initiatives for delegates to look forward to, from conference sessions to networking initiatives.
Innovation and continuous evolution to reflect industry changes and new challenges have been crucial in taking Sibos from a humble banking operations seminar in 1978 to today’s unrivalled premier business forum for the global financial community. In line with Sibos’ ongoing drive to deliver engaging and relevant sessions, activities and content, Sibos London 2019 is launching six new initiatives to make sure delegates maximise the exceptional networking and learning opportunities offered by the event.
- Views from the Top - The ‘Views from the Top’ conference programme will include leading CEOs from the financial industry and inspiring speakers from other disciplines. Delegates will hear insights from some of the most respected, knowledgeable and interesting people from the financial industry and beyond. Find out who will be sharing their Views from the Top at Sibos.
- Talent Thursday - Talent Thursday is launching to bring together today’s senior leaders with the next generation of talent in finance, providing a fresh dynamic to the final day of Sibos. Rich conference content and top quality networking will encourage critical dialogue and the exchange of new ideas to shape the future of financial services. At the heart of this initiative is a commitment to bridge the gap between present and future, across people, traditional banking and new ecosystems, business and technology and technology and humanity.
- STAR scholarship - The Sibos Talent Accelerator Route (STAR) scholarship will support the next generation of female leaders in the financial industry. This experience aims to empower women; accelerating their knowledge, skills and self-confidence to become future leaders of the financial industry. Over 30 banks from around the world are taking part, invited by Sibos to nominate a high potential, ambitious female employee to participate. The group will meet with speakers, leaders and senior mentors, access private networking events and participate in conference sessions.
- Sibos Spotlight - Sibos Spotlight, an interactive platform for learning, debate and networking, will centre around a themed stage on the main exhibition floor. Voices from across the sector will tackle a topical industry issues each day: open banking, customer experience, cyber security and banking for a better world. Sibos Spotlight is designed to facilitate a stimulating exchange of knowledge and ideas, where delegates can gain top-level insight and continue the lively debate with tailored networking sessions.
- Chat & Connect space - The new Chat & Connect space reinforces the Sibos commitment to networking as a central pillar of the event. With three types of dynamic activities – morning rundowns, picnic lunches and facilitated networking sessions focused on the Spotlight theme of the day, this space is the perfect opportunity for delegates to meet like-minded peers from around the globe and participate in the conversations with Spotlight speakers.
- New initiatives to care for the community and environment - Corporate social responsibility (CSR) has always been key at Sibos, but this year it will play a bigger-than-ever role with a new set of ambitious initiatives. As well as supporting fantastic charity partners, The Honeypot Children’s Charity and Speakers for Schools, the use of plastics will be reduced through incorporation of 100% biodegradable edible water capsules, paper badges and reusable water bottles. Exhibitors are also invited to get involved with the Ecobooth scheme to recycle single-use stand materials to create community picnic benches. Read more about how you can help make Sibos sustainable.
Make sure you’re signed up to The Sibos Insider Newsletter to stay up to date on the latest developments about what’s new on Sibos this year.