Top ten tips, the very best of Sibos 2019
The clock is ticking down to Sibos 2019 London, and with an abundance of sessions, expert speakers, networking opportunities and social events throughout the week, its’s useful for newcomers and returning delegates alike to get to grips with the schedule and plan their week accordingly. Our top ten highlights provide a little taster of what to expect, so you can make the most of this year’s event, the most ambitious Sibos to date.
- Opening plenary – delivered by Dame Minouche Shafik, Director of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), it’s sure to be an inspiring address from an extremely well respected and experienced economist, with a career spanning the worlds of public policy and academia. Make sure you’re settled in the Plenary Room for 11:00 on Monday 23 September.
- Big Issues Debate - top-quality speakers and panels of experts will spark your interest and debate among delegates on a broad range of topics including AI, cybersecurity, the cloud, climate change, the geopolitics of finance and the challenge of harnessing the technological savviness of Gen Zers. The five Big Issue Debate sessions will take place in the Plenary Room from the Tuesday to the Thursday of Sibos (24-26 September). Use the filters in the Conference programme to view the full details.
- Views from the Top - a new conference series where you’ll hear insights from some of the most respected, knowledgeable and interesting people from the financial industry and beyond. The programme includes leading CEOs from the financial industry and inspiring speakers from other disciplines, delivering keynote speeches and fireside chats tackling industry issues, leadership skills and motivational techniques. Use the filters in the Conference programme to view the speakers and times in full.
- Discover - brings together stakeholders from across the financial services community to drive the connections required to future proof the industry. The Innotribe programme will focus on the new face of trust in an increasingly digitised finance sector. Brian Cox, BBC broadcaster and physicist, will kick-off an influential line up of speakers. Discover’s dedicated stage offers a deep dive into innovation by the residents of the Discover zone - a mix of fintechs, financial institutions and futurists - and will allow the innovation community to present to the broad Sibos audience, featuring a full four days of programming from SWIFT’s Innotribe initiative.
- Spotlight - part of our ongoing drive to deliver conference experiences with a difference, Sibos Spotlight is an interactive and fluid platform for learning, debate and networking. Sibos Spotlight will take place on a themed stage on the main exhibition floor and each day a topical industry issue will be addressed by influential voices from across the sector to facilitate a stimulating exchange of knowledge and ideas. Throughout the week, the Spotlight Stage will witness discussions on Open Banking, Customer Experience, Cybersecurity, and Banking for a Better World.
- Chat and Connect – networking is a central pillar of Sibos and with three types of dynamic activities – Plan Your Day sessions, picnic lunches and facilitated networking sessions, the Chat and Connect space is the perfect opportunity for delegates to meet peers from around the globe. The Plan Your Day sessions will be especially useful for delegates attending Sibos for the first time, or for those with a one-day pass, providing an overview of the venue and the must attend sessions and activities for each day.
- Women of the World – this networking event returns to Sibos for a second year to explore the importance of female leadership in the financial industry. Join us at the The Bridge Restaurant, ExCeL London on Wednesday 25 September at 17:00 for a chance to catch up with familiar faces and make new connections. Attendees will hear from VIP speaker Sandi Toksvig OBE, a beloved broadcaster, writer and producer across British radio, TV and theatre.
- Talent Thursday – yet another new initiative at Sibos 2019, Talent Thursday will bring together today’s experienced senior leaders and experts with the next generation of talent in finance, bridging the gap between present and future, across people, traditional banking, ecosystems, business and technology. The programme offers a combination of forward-looking content, networking and experiences that will allow all attendees to learn, connect and enjoy from the early morning to the closing plenary. Register now for the Escape Room challenge, learn the STARs’ perspectives on burning issues over a picnic in the Chat & Connect space, and join the Big Issue Debate on how banks can understand the next generation of customers.
- Closing Plenary - Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian will deliver the keynote to close Sibos in London at 16:00 on the Thursday of Sibos. Kurian will offer delegates genuine insight into the future of global technology infrastructure and successfully managing digital transformation in a hyper-connected world. The closing plenary session will also feature Rachel Botsman, a leading expert on trust in the modern world.
- Sibos Closing Event - the theme this year is Best of British. You’ll sample the very best in British food, drink and culture, and celebrate the highlights of Sibos in London. We promise networking and entertainment drawing on the UK’s rich heritage of history, music, cuisine and popular culture. Join us and say goodbye to the Sibos community in style.
This is just a flavour of what to expect and you can learn more about the conference programme, speakers and networking events on Sibos.com and the Sibos App, which includes a new recommended function and a favourites function to ensure your Sibos week stays firmly on track!