A visa will be required by visitors from certain countries to enter the United Kingdom for Sibos 2019 at ExCeL in London. Please ensure you read all steps below before proceeding with your application.


We would encourage you to check if the country you hold a passport for has a visa requirement to enter the United Kingdom. You can do this at https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa



In preparation for submitting a visa application, you must always show that:

  • You’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • You’re able to support yourself and any dependents for the duration of your trip
  • You’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit 
  • You have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules

The following documentation must be provided during a visa application submission:

  • A current passport or other valid travel identification
  • You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa
  • Your passport must be valid for the whole of your stay in the United Kingdom
  • You’ll also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh
  • You’ll be told how to provide your documents when you apply

Other general information that will need to be submitted:

  • The dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
  • Details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
  • How much you think your trip will cost
  • Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there 
  • Your parents’ names and dates of birth 
  • How much you earn in a year

You might also be asked to provide the following:

  • Details of your travel history for the past 10 years (as shown in your passport)
  • Your employer’s address and telephone number
  • Your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
  • The name and address of anyone paying for your trip
  • The name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
  • Details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you have committed

If you are from a country that requires a visa to access the United Kingdom (as per step 1 above), you must apply for a Standard Visitor Visa. You can do this at: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply


For queries after your application is submitted, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk


For visa processing times, please see: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times